Miranda Kenneally

Mexican Food Cures Writer's Block

New Book Deal!

I’m thrilled to announce I’m writing three more books for Sourcebooks Fire. I’m most grateful for their enthusiasm and support, especially that of my editor Leah Hultenschmidt. I also couldn’t do any of this without my wonderful agent, Sara Megibow, and everyone at Nelson Literary Agency. But the biggest thanks go to my readers, because you are all making this deal possible! I’m so glad you love my books. 🙂

Here are the details:

Author of CATCHING JORDAN, Miranda Kenneally’s RACING SAVANNAH, about an underprivileged girl training to be a jockey while working in the barn at a high-stakes horse farm whose on-again, off-again relationship with the owner’s son has an upstairs/downstairs effect on race day, pitched as Downton Abbey in the South, to Leah Hultenschmidt at Sourcebooks Fire, in a good deal, in a three-book deal, for publication in 2013, by Sara Megibow at Nelson Literary Agency (world).

RACING SAVANNAH will take place in the same universe as my first three books, and will feature one secondary character from CATCHING JORDAN and one secondary character from STEALING PARKER. Hint: Think younger siblings of main characters of both books. 😉

And now, I am going to celebrate with a Diet Coke. And then get right back to writing.

Post to Twitter

Comments (45)

45 Responses to “New Book Deal!”

1. Jena says:

Yayyyyy congrats!!! 🙂

2. Madeleine says:

Miranda, you never fail to impress!

3. Nikki H says:

Congrats! I’m so excited you chose to add sine characters from your earlier books! Can’t wait to read them!

4. RivkaBelle says:

Oh stars. This sounds amazing! I’m a football nut, but I was a horse nut first … Oh man, oh man. 🙂

Congratulations!

5. WOOOO, so exciting! Congrats, Miranda! 😀

6. Cari says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to read it!!!

7. YES!!! So excited to read them Miranda! Congratulations! Enjoy that Diet Coke! 🙂

8. Leigh Smith says:

Wow! Congrats! This seriously sounds so good!

9. Congrats, Miranda! Can’t wait to read!

10. Oooooh that sounds seriously fabulous! Congrats, Miranda 😀

11. Vicki says:

Awesome! It sounds AMAZING :]

12. Theresa Tierney says:

This news made my whole day! You deserve it!

13. Congratulations! Between meeting Lois Lowry at the Nat’l Book Festival, JKR’s new book, and this announcement, I’m feeling like this week for me as a reader is just all kinds of awesome. Can’t wait!

14. Congrats, Miranda! And to think, I was there when it all began… 😉

15. Petra says:

Congratulations on the new book deal. It sounds great 😀

16. Kell Andrews says:

Sounds fantastic, Miranda! Congrats!

17. Tara Dairman says:

Wow, Miranda, that’s sensational news! THREE new books! Congratulations!!

18. MIL says:

Maybe I can make arrangements for you to spend time at ‘the beach’……..it seems to inspire you!

19. Nikk says:

congrats! can’t wait for those books 🙂

wait, younger siblings? something tells me that perhaps it’s ty’s sister? no? i guess we’ll find out later 🙂
    you rock!

20. Darla says:

Awesome!! Congrats!!!

21. Amanda says:

Do you already know what the books are going to be, or are you sill trying to figure that out ????
    P.S. Congrats

22. Hannah says:

That is so frickin’ amazing! Congrats!

23. Kiana says:

Vanessa and one of Will Whitfield’s younger brothers? The oldest one… Rory?

24. Miriam says:

Congrats! I read Stealing Parker, and it left me speechless! You’re for sure one of my favorites!! I fell in love with your book and I’m really looking forward to reading the rest.

25. jenny kelly says:

Reading the books catching jordan and stealing parker were amazing because I play football for my high school team just like jordan I really thing you should write another book about. Jordan and yes I am a girl!!!!!!

26. shannon davis says:

Is there a follow-up for catchin jordan? I want to see how they do in college. Love the story!

27. Emily says:

Yayyy!!!!!!! congrats!!!!! catching jordan is my favorite of your books between stealing parker and things i cant forget!!! and as for racing savannah, i am a HUGE ridder myself, but i do english ridding and competing in hunter/jumper shows!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! and earlier you mentioned that jordan and parker’s younger sibilings would be involved in racing savannah, but neither have younger sibilings, because they both have older sibilings!!!

28. Miranda Kenneally says:

@Emily… Younger siblings of other major characters… Ty and Will. 😉

29. Bailey says:

I love your books so much! Being a high school teenager from Tennessee I know all these places you are talking about and it’s awesome knowing all these places in a book. You’re my favorite author in the whole world. Every time I read your book I smile. Can’t wait for your next book! Catching Jordan , Stealing Parker , and Things I Can’t Forget were all amazing so I know this next will be awesome too!

30. Taia says:

I’m so excited that you are writing a new book and I’ve read the other books, Things I Can’t Forget and Stealing Parker and they are awesome! Right now I’m reading Catching Jordan and I love it sooo much 🙂 I can not WAIT until your new book comes out and I will buy it immediately!!

31. Radhika says:

Please make a catching Jordan 2, to see what collage she goes to and if HENERY and her are still together. Or if he proposes please

32. jordan says:

hi im a big fan of catching jordan and i agree you should make a sequel to Catching jordan i read it and i want no i need more. I think this sequle should leave off were it ended, or it should be ahead like in her 2yr of collage and to see where her and sam henery are. please dont let all the people who read that book hanging like that i want to see if she get put in to the nfl and more i want ot see if henery asks her to marry her . pleazz and congrats plezz write a chatching jordan 2

33. Jennifer M. says:

I love your books!! Keep writing so I can keep reading 🙂 I can’t put them down!! Thanks Miranda!

34. olivia salazar says:

i hope u add Jordan and Henry in it to

35. Rachel says:

Any chance there will be more than just 3 books in the Hundred Oaks series? My life wouldn’t be complete without these books so thank you so much for being such an amazing author!!!

36. Miranda Kenneally says:

@Rachel – There are 6 planned as of now.

37. Joanna says:

38. Joanna says:

Yay!!! I loved reading Catching Jordan, i just love it so much!! Stealing Parker was good too, so was Things I Can’t Forget. Jordan was playing football in the fall right?? Because she and Henry didn’t talk to each other for like a few weeks. Also you have become one of my favorite authors.

39. Joanna says:

Omg!! There might be a wedding in Racing Savannah!! I’m thinking Henry and Jordan are getting married!!!

40. Rachel G says:

Can one of them please be like Parker in Things I Can’t Forget, how one of the main characters in the previous books has a big role in a new one? And just so you know, you are my favorite author ever!

41. Miranda Kenneally says:

@Rachel – thanks! My character Vanessa from Racing Savannah and Catching Jordan plays a big role in my next book Breathe, Annie, Breathe. 🙂

42. Jenna says:

Have you ever considered doing an epilogue to Catching Jordan? Sort of like a novella of her and Henry in college? I think it would be awesome!

43. Mallary says:

I started reading the Hundred Oaks series this weekend and I absolutely loved Catching Jordan!! I couldn’t put it down! I just loved it and after I read it I saw that there were more I thought I was gonna die of excitement! After reading Catching Jordan I was so sad I had finished and thought that was it. I read the first three books in two days and getting ready to read the next. Im sure I will love it as much as the others! I love how you keep the other characters from the previous books too! Please don’t ever stop doing that! I love reading the little updates about Jordan and Sam and Parker and Will 🙂 and I’m sure I will see plenty of updates about Kate and Matt in Racing Savannah 🙂

44. Sara Salaparuta says:

I loved the book Racing Savvannah and I think all of your fans including me would love to either have a sequel or a movie;)

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name  (Required)