My friend and awesome author Jessica Spotswood tagged me in The Next Big Thing Meme after she was tagged by Marie Lu. I’m supposed to say what I’m working on and then tag 3 people whose next books I’m excited for!
1. What is the working title of your book?
I am working on my fourth novel, RACING SAVANNAH, which is about a girl horse jockey who falls for the horse farm owner’s son, and for various reasons their parents don’t want them to be together. It comes out December 1, 2013.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I was out at a bar with some writer friends and I saw a picture of a horse on the wall!
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary YA romance
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I think Elle Fanning would make a great Savannah and Austin Butler would make a very cute Jack Goodwin, who is the love interest.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
While training to become a jockey at a high-stakes horse farm, Savannah falls for the farm owner’s son, who is forbidden by his father to date anyone on the staff.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It’ll be published by Sourcebooks Fire on December 1, 2013.
7. How long did it take you to writ the first draft of your manuscript?
Six months! Gah. It took forever.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I would say books by Jennifer Echols and Sarah Dessen.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My writer friends who were at the bar with me when I saw the horse picture on the wall.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Lots and lots of kissing. And horses! There’s a ridiculous school dance scene. And there’s a wedding between characters from one of my first three books. 😉
And I’m tagging three authors who can play along or not. 🙂
1. Trish Doller